Scale Your Internet Zero Concrete Answer with GCCA Innovandi Open Problem 2023
The Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) represents the worldwide cement and concrete trade, which is liable for producing probably the most used man-made substance on earth. GCCA advocates for reworking concrete right into a sustainable, long-lasting, and strong constructing materials to fulfill the growing calls for of the exponentially increasing city inhabitants. In 2021, it launched the trade roadmap to internet zero, outlining the levers and pathways to offering the world with internet zero concrete. The GCCA Innovandi Open Challenge 2023 is a singular international accelerator that goals to convey collectively know-how startups and the main cement and concrete corporations worldwide to speed up the event of progressive options to realize internet zero, as set out in its roadmap.
Recognizing the crucial position of innovation in making a sustainable future, GCCA and its members, who’re international leaders within the cement and concrete trade, are dedicated to increasing their innovation ecosystem and collaborating with exterior companions to realize their internet zero mission.
What’s in Retailer for You if You Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Problem 2023?
Via the Innovandi Open Challenge, GCCA seeks to fast-track the event and adoption of applied sciences that help the transition in the direction of a internet zero future. Apply at the moment to collaborate with GCCA and make that occur! Chosen startups will achieve distinctive entry to:
- Help to maneuver from concepts to pilot exams, proof of ideas, prototypes, and enterprise circumstances.
- In depth crops, labs, and analysis amenities.
- Experience and infrastructure of 40 members worldwide to showcase innovation.
- Steering from the GCCA and its industrial members of nominated lead specialists to assist the startups progress within the industrialization of their know-how.
- Develop new applied sciences and/or outline new enterprise circumstances with one or a number of industrial members.
- Members of the GCCA handle the mission with every chosen startup and supply sources, help, and training to co-develop the enterprise.
- Excessive visibility within the cement and concrete sector, in addition to tools producers, broader worth chain gamers, traders, and wider stakeholders.
Constructing on a Profitable Observe Report
The GCCA and its members account for 80% of worldwide cement manufacturing capability. Member corporations are dedicated to lowering and finally eliminating CO2 emissions in concrete (which presently account for round 7% of worldwide emissions), by means of the implementation of the GCCA’s Concrete Future 2050 Net Zero Roadmap – the primary ‘heavy’ trade to set out such an in depth plan.
The launch follows the success of final yr’s first-ever Innovandi Open Problem, which noticed cement corporations partnering with six startups, with a powerful give attention to carbon seize and utilization tasks. Three of these tasks have already gone to the pilot stage!
Claude Loréa, GCCA Cement Director and Innovation Lead says, “We’ve already seen some outstanding progress from these startups who’ve been working with our members on the primary Innovandi Open Problem, with a number of tasks already within the pilot stage. This yr’s theme, low-carbon concrete, is equally difficult. To succeed, we’d like merchandise which can be reasonably priced, scalable, and simply adopted. Good luck to all this yr’s candidates. We stay up for working with these chosen.”
Are You a Good Match to Apply for The GCCA Open Innovation Problem?
GCCA is searching for startups engaged on new supplies or elements for low-carbon concrete. This contains progressive admixtures, SCMs, clinkers, aggregates, and so on. It ought to be ready-to-use and a direct ingredient to concrete. Different judging standards are as follows:
- How Revolutionary and distinctive is the answer?
- Efficiency similar to conventional concrete
- Decrease carbon footprint than conventional concrete
- Environmental / sustainability evaluation
- Is the know-how to provide Low Carbon Concrete?
- Is it water intensive?
- Is it vitality intensive?
- Any waste warmth utilization requirement?
- Some other stipulations for the method?
Please additionally word, GCCA is NOT searching for:
- Alternate fuels or low-carbon fuels
- Carbon seize, utilization, and storage applied sciences
- Course of or technique for producing low-carbon concrete
Construction & Timeline of the Open Innovation Problem
After rigorous analysis of all of the entries, GCCA will announce the shortlisted startups. They are going to be invited to pitch in entrance of the GCCA members. Profitable startups will get to companion with GCCA members to kind consortia and enter into formal working partnerships.
- Software Deadline — fifteenth Might 2023
- Announcement of Remaining Shortlist — thirtieth Might 2023
- Pitch Day — thirtieth June 2023
- Consortium Settlement Conferences — 1st to fifteenth September 2023
- Demo Day (Showcasing the Outcomes of the Consortia) — April 2024
Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Problem 2023 in a Few Straightforward Steps
Are you a great match for the problem and able to broaden what you are promoting? Nice! Wait no additional and ship all of your entries to [email protected] by fifteenth Might 2023 together with the next particulars to use for the problem:
- Identify of your startup:
- Describe your innovation (100-150 phrases):
- Identify of applicant and designation:
- Yr of incorporation:
- Stage of your startup (Proof-of-concept/ Pilot / Prototype/ industrial):
- What’s the Expertise Readiness Stage (TRL) of your know-how? (1 being within the analysis part and 9 being able to launch a industrial product):
- Do you have already got clients? (Sure/No)
Join hands with GCCA to decarbonize the cement and concrete industry while also gaining a chance to enable your startup to reach new heights. Visit GCCA’s application page and apply right away!
Sharing is Caring!